One-on-one tutors, job coaches, and veteran navigators are available daily (M-F) from 2 p.m. until 11 p.m. All you need to get started is your library card and your PIN.
Live Online Tutoring: Mon-Fri 2:00 PM – 11:00 PM
HelpNow provides individualized learning solutions for students of diverse needs and backgrounds. Students communicate with live, expert online tutors using an interactive, virtual whiteboard to chat, write, draw, share text or images and graph homework problems. The Brainfuse full-service test center also offers practice tests for all levels, collaborative learning, targeted skills building, and self-study options for every entry point into the learning process.
ACCESS ANY TIME:
- Test Prep: HelpNow also offers skills-building and test preparation. All live tutoring sessions are saved and can be replayed as well as shared with friends, parents and teachers.
- Feedback: The Writing Lab and the Send Question Center options give users the freedom to receive assistance at any time of the day without connecting with a live tutor. Users can submit papers through the Writing Lab for detailed feedback. The Send Question Center is for non-writing assignments such as math or science.
- Adult Learning Center: The adult learners’ version of HelpNow, where you can access GED prep, U.S citizenship test prep, resume assistance, Microsoft Office support, and Career Resources which lists popular job search links. Adult learners have access to live tutoring, Writing Lab and Send Question Center as well.
Click here to access HelpNow.
Live Online Interview Coaching: 2:00 PM – 11:00 PM
Brush up on interview techniques or get live online interview practice from trained job coaches with JobNow. Job coaches and patrons communicate via live chat in our online classroom.
ACCESS ANY TIME:
- Resume Lab: Submit your resume any time through the JobNow Resume Lab and a job coach will send it back within 24 hours with detailed feedback and suggestions for improvement. Users are also able to download resume templates, or browse resources for producing better resumes.
- Career Resources: Enjoy 24/7 access to a carefully-selected library of job resources.
- Adult Learning Center: The Adult Learning Center provides foundational, career-enhancing skills to job seekers. In addition, the Adult Learning Center offers test preparation (including the GED and the USCIS citizenship test) and a unique academic skills center featuring live, online tutors.
Click here to access JobNow.
Live Online Veteran Navigation Help: 2:00 PM – 11:00 PM
VetNow Navigators are veterans trained to help their peers connect with valuable benefits and resources. Get help navigating the VA benefits system as well as academic tutoring and employment transition assistance from live online navigators. VetNow is accessible by any computer or mobile device with a web browser.
- Navigate the VA and benefits: VetNow navigators help veterans and their families understand and apply for the benefits they are eligible for from local, state, or federal programs. From housing and health care to education, mental health, and more. Brainfuse VetNow navigators are always ready to help.
- Transition to civilian employment: Through live online assistance, veterans can get the help they need transitioning from military to civilian careers throughout all stages of the job process. Our experts can help translate military skills for civilian job managers, restructure resumes, and practice interviewing.
- Brush up on academic skills: Brainfuse assists veterans and their families prepare for college through a full suite of academic tools. Live online tutoring in a variety of college level subjects is available, along with a holistic writing support, extensive video lessons, comprehensive practice tests, and so much more.
Click here to access VetNow.