SWLS offers scholarships to support costs for a range of continuing education (CE) activities to enhance professional growth. They are offered on a first come, first served basis until June 2024. This funding is made possible in part by a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services which administers the Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA). The activity must take place between July 2023 and June 2024 and relate to library work.
Important Note: SWLS needs appropriate receipts, certificates of completion, or documentations of cost in order to reimburse applicants. Applicants must approve their request with the Library Director.
- Read the Guidelines
- Complete the Application (applicant is notified by SWLS staff)
- If approved, SWLS Library or Applicant pays for CE activity and completes the activity
- Once activity is complete, fill out an Evaluation
- Send Expense Form, and all necessary receipts to SWLS
- Library/applicant receives reimbursement
Ideas for CE Activity
- Public Library Director Certification course at UW-iSchool, Chippewa Valley Technical College, and UW-Whitewater
- Course or workshop from Southwest Wisconsin Technical College or the American Library Association
- Staff training (A speaker’s fee and mileage, etc.)
- Conference registration fee for SWAL, WLA, WAPL, PLA, or ARSL
- A course or workshop not from a library organization! Examples: public speaking training to improve outreach efforts, Excel course to improve budgeting work, etc.
- SWLS Library Tour Program
- Staff Time; Note: if a library’s inability to pay staff to attend library CE activities is a barrier to staff participation, as in the case of a library seeking to gather staff for in-service activities, then that staff time is an eligible cost for reimbursement
- Partner with another SWLS library on a CE activity of your choice
Questions? Contact Shauna Koszegi, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated 7/3/23