For CE suggestions, access to past CE program recordings, or to sign up for the SWLS monthly CE email, please contact Shauna Koszegi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CE Grants for 2022 May/June Conferences
The Southwest Wisconsin Library System (SWLS) is in the second cycle of reimbursements for any legitimate continuing education (CE) activities.
Funding is available for those who would like to attend the 2022 Wisconsin Association of Public Libraries Conference (WAPL), Support Staff & Circulation Services (SSCS) Conference, or the Annual American Library Association (ALA) Conference. This funding is made possible in part by a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services which administers the Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA).
- Click here to download the full Guidelines for SWLS CE Grants.
- Click here for the Application.
- Click here for the Evaluation.
Free CE This Month
- Thurs. May 5, 10am Public Libraries and Fake News: How to Educate and Inform in the Age of Disinformation
- Thurs. May 5 Library Journal’s Day of Dialog
- Fri. May 6 & 13, 9am Yoga by Your Desk for Workplace Resilience
- May 9, 18, 23 (times vary) Why Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Matter in Majority White Spaces, Statewide Discussions (WI Libraries Talk About Race project)
- Tues. May 10, 3pm Navigating the Banned Books, Censorship & Intellectual Freedom Debates
- Wed. May 11, 10am Spotlight on OverDrive’s Spanish-Language Catalog
- Thurs. May 12, 10am Innovative Technology that will Enhance the Library Experience for Adults with Autism
- Tues. May 17, 10am Building Spanish Language Library Collections
- Wed. May 18, 12pm Foundations of Gender-Inclusive Work: Dimensions of Gender
- Tues. May 24, 9am SWLS Dontchya Know? Topic: Staff Engagement
- A virtual space to connect with other SWLS library workers. We focus on a library topic and share knowledge and resources with each other. Anyone who works at an SWLS library is welcome to join us! A meeting link is sent to the SWLS CE-Info mailing list.
- Wed. May 25, 1pm You Got the Grant – Now What?: A Recipe For Grant Writing Success
- Fri. May 27, 12:30pm Live VERSO Training: Reports vs. Statistics [click HERE for meeting link]