Platteville Public Library
The Platteville Public Library is accepting applications for a Library Specialist – Adult Services Team.
The library is seeking a tech-savvy, collaborative individual with demonstrated research and customer service skills. This person will work with the Adult Services staff to answer reference questions, plan and execute events, maintain library collections, and select materials for purchase. Other responsibilities include circulation desk back-up, processing of new materials, and withdrawal of weeded items from the collection.
Strong computer skills, research skills, customer service skills, adaptability, and the ability to work as a team are necessary. Previous library experience is desirable.
Two years of study at an accredited college, university, or technical school.
This is a half-time (20 hours/week) position. Work includes evenings and weekends on a rotating basis.
Starting wage is $14.78. This position is eligible for leave benefits, including paid holidays, vacation, sick and personal time.
Qualified persons should submit:
- Cover letter
- Completed City of Platteville Employment Application, available a platteville.org/jobs.
Electronic applications are encouraged and should be sent to email@example.com.
Paper applications are acceptable and should be sent to:
Platteville Public Library
225 W. Main St.
Platteville, WI 53818
Open until filled. Review of applications will begin Friday, Sept. 8, 2023.
The City of Platteville is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Brewer Public Library, Richland Center
Join our team as a Library Director!
Are you a visionary leader with a passion for cultivating knowledge and community? The Brewer Public Library in Richland Center, Wis., is seeking an experienced, dynamic, and innovative Library Director to shape the future of our library. As the Library Director, you will lead a dedicated team, curate diverse collections, and spearhead engaging programs that empower and enrich our community.
If you have a proven track record in strategic planning, staff management, and fostering a culture of lifelong learning, we invite you to be a driving force in our mission to inspire minds and transform lives. Join us and make your mark on the world of literature, culture, and education!
- Develop and execute strategic initiatives that enhance library services and align with evolving community needs.
- Lead and mentor a talented team of library professionals, fostering a collaborative and innovative environment.
- Curate and expand collections to ensure they reflect the interests and diversity of our patrons.
- Create and implement engaging programs and events that foster community engagement and lifelong learning.
- Collaborate with local organizations, stakeholders, and regional networks to advocate for the library’s role in education and culture.
- Master’s degree in library science from an ALA-accredited school and possess or be able to obtain Grade 2 Wisconsin Public Librarian Certification.
- Proven leadership experience in a library setting, demonstrating strategic planning and staff management skills.
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal abilities.
- Knowledge of current library trends, technologies, and best practices.
- Passion for promoting inclusivity and diversity within the library and the community.
We offer competitive compensation, benefits, and the chance to make a lasting impact on our vibrant community. If you’re excited about shaping the future of our library and inspiring generations to come, we encourage you to apply.
Email your resume, a compelling cover letter, and professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join us on our journey to connect, explore, and empower others through the magic of books and ideas!
Application Deadline: 5:00 p.m. on Aug. 25, 2023.